CC License

Creative Commons License
Enigmatic Journal by Yoeman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Window Shopper



Desiring for something I cannot gain; My depressing experience. The story continues...

I am the lonely window shopper
looking at the most beautiful thing for sale
priceless jewel it is, fit for any crown
desiring it to be mine

everyday I imagined I'm the king with that crown
and cleaned the window of the shop and swept the floor
sat in a bench in front of the window 
and did my bidding hour and hour

one day the "reserved" notice I've seen
some prince overbid me while I've not been
it is indeed your crown jewel your majesty
i shall keep away 'cause this is my destiny

me the window shopper have never learnt the lesson
not to desire a jewel while being a peasant
nevertheless I came to the conclusion 
that my heart will fall and that jewel has no heart at all!!!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Please comment responsibly ...